Tuesday 15 January 2013

A Bit of Cheer to Brighten up a Gloomy Day

My lovely winter hyacinths have finally finished cheering up my mantlepiece, two bloomed for Christmas day, but wilted pretty quickly and seemed to give off very weak scent, this one however has been fab, a subtle perfume not that headache inducing smell which they can sometimes produce.  I planted these in November, did the whole hiding them in a cupboard thing like i remember my mum doing when we were young.  However i succumbed to the very reasonably priced narcissi and more hyacinths ready potted and waiting to bloom offered at the local shops, so my mantle piece will be colourful again soon. They have been watched over by Fergus atop his toadstool.  Fergus is my son's little critter made for him by a friend, you can view more of them at her blog -vicaragequilts.blogspot.co.uk.

2 comments:

  1. Hello - I am a little late in calling round but just wanted to say that I think that your crochet is lovely
    Best wishes
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your comment, you are my first non family member to leave one, feel like you should win some sort of prize! Cat

      Delete