Thursday 24 January 2013




I recently had a birthday, i received some lovely gifts so thank you to everyone.  My husband very kindly "gave" me some pieces of cloth to make myself some dresses.  In truth we went to a big department store who were having a 50% sale on their Amy Butler fabrics, so after drooling over them all i settled on these two.  Two dresses for the thrifty price of £14.00 each, not bad eh?  One of them does make me look a bit like a 1940s char lady/Ma Larkin, which is hardly surprising as i took the pattern off a vintage pinny but who wants to fade into the background? We also have a fantastic cloth shop in Norwich called Anglia fashions, it has the most fantastic array of dressmaking cloths and haberdashery and very helpful staff, so i went mad and bought some coral baby needlecord to make another frock, this has gone on hold until my ballet work is complete so i will show you that one in a while....



2 comments:

  1. I've got that Heligan teatowel - did I give you yours, or is that a weird coincidence?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think i gave you yours, but Ann gave me mine.

    ReplyDelete