Friday 17 May 2013



I Heart Quilts!

Fancied making a little lap/cot/wallhanging quilt the other day, so i rooted out a charm pack of 1930s quilt cottons,  I just wanted a fairly simple design that showed off the lovely fabric(its my favourite kind of quilt cotton), i then appliqued a few hearts onto the bare looking plain squares with a bit of bondaweb,  put on a border, and ta da a new quilt top.  I have zig zagged around the raw edge hearts and am just contemplating how to quilt the rest.  Two of my friends are expecting babies in summer so this one may be destined for one of them, if i can part with it that is!!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely and bright! You could quilt straight lines - diagonally through each coloured square, and in all the ditches - something simple would work well I think?

    ReplyDelete