Wednesday 26 June 2013


Its a Keeper!

I have been makking a host of different frocks to sell at Vintage Mischief, from full skirted 50s frocks to 60s shifts, mostly from original patterns and cloth.  As i said in my last post i need to put them on a "body", not finding any lying around i squeeze myself into them and get hubby to take a shot.  On saturady we had a special party at my Mother-in-Law's house, as she turned 70 this week.  I rushed to get this dress complete to whizz it into the shop.  However, i really liked it, and it fit, and my hubby said i looked nice in it(quite a rare occurence) so i kept it!  I teamed it with a little peach shrug and wandered around the town feeling very summery, despite that fact the sun was hiding and rain was threatening.  I wore it to said party and it got the thumbs up.  I also modelled the swing trousers i have started making, the first pair are in the shop and no photo will appear as they were a little tight on me and i had very unattractive vpl!  This dress was the on the extreme right of the pattern, minus the sleeves as the 50s curtain i was using wasn't big enough to cut sleeves too.  I will be making more of this style as i think it is very flattering and very wearable!







 

It got a bit snugger fitting after a few plates of party fayre! Happy Birthday Grandma Ann.

2 comments:

  1. I envy your dressmaking skills - do you find old patterns tricky? They always come up small (or maybe I am large....)
    Best wishes
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far i have to say that i prefer the old ones, the paper is thicker and the instructions are better. They do seem to come up smaller and only in one size, so i have to re label the sizing for modern figures! i am a good two sizes bigger in most patterns compared to high street clothes-boo!. I am hoping to start running classes so i can share my skills with others. My friends are sick of me saying "but its so quick and easy" so i am going toprove to them that its not as scary as they think! Ta for the comment, Catx

    ReplyDelete